Borders and Waldenbooks are double-dog daring kids to read more this summer. If they take part in the 2010 summer reading program and read 10 books, they’ll receive a free book (their choice of the titles below).
The offer is valid through Aug. 26 for children 12 and younger. These are the free books available as rewards for reading:
- Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary
- Miss Daisy is Crazy! by Dan Gutman
- Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
- Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
- The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
- The River by Gary Paulson
- Kristy’s Great Idea by Ann M. Martin
If you want to drive up to Miami-Dade, Barnes & Noble also has a summer reading program in which kids can earn free books.