Everglades National Park in South Florida and Dry Tortugas National Park in the Florida Keys are offering free entry days for National Park Week to April 22 and April 23.
Some national parks, including Dry Tortugas and Everglades, typically require an entry fee, except on free entry days. Some national parks are always free.
National Parks in Florida include :
- Dry Tortugas National Park, west of Key West, accessible by seaplane or boat, including a ferry, 305-242-7700
- Everglades National Park, 305-242-7700
- Canaveral National Seashore
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, in St. Augustine
- Gulf Islands National Seashore, at the Mississippi-Florida border
- Big Cypress National Preserve, Ochopee, always free
- Biscayne National Park, Miami, always free
- Fort Matanzas National Monument, St. Augustine, always free
- Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor, stretching from North Carolina to Jacksonville, always free .
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve, Jacksonville, always free
These are the 2016 free days at U.S. National Parks in Florida:
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 22 & 23 National Park Week
- August 25 through 28: National Park Service Birthday
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Photo/National Park Service
Dry Tortugas National Park