Fireworks and fun in the Florida Keys include entertainment and parades.
Most of these events are family-friendly, free and July 4. The event in Big Pine Key is July 3.
- Key West, White Street Pier, 9 p.m.
- Marathon Beach Party & Fireworks Show, patriotic parade 10:30 a.m. from Marathon High School on Sombrero Beach Road, mile marker 50, to Sombrero Beach, with food, kids’ projects, entertainment and fireworks
- Big Pine Key and Lower Keys, 5 p.m.to about 9 p.m., food, activities and fireworks about 8:30 p.m. July 3, at the community park, Sands Road, entertainment includes Haywire; free entry; raindate July 5; 305-872-2411
- Spirit of Islamorada 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. July 4, Founders Park, mile marker 87, Plantation Key; entertainment, food and drinks, and fireworks; parking fee is $10 for non-residents, 305-853-1685
- Key Largo, around mile marker 104, fireworks over Blackwater Sound about 10 p.m., weather permitting; reservations suggested for seating at local venues, such as Sundowners and Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort, 305-451-4502
- Key Largo, Fourth of July parade, 10 a.m. from the parking lot at Anthony’s Clothing Store, MM 98.2 on the center median of U.S. Highway 1 in Key Largo to MM 100; free old-fashioned community picnic at Key Largo Community Park; 305-451-1414 for information about the picnic or 305-852-3216 for info about the parade